Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Deliverables, Dependencies and parent/child tasks in Card View

Options
Andrea Tuch
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi Everyone

I am hoping that you could help me with a couple of issues I am having with Card View. I am using Smartsheet for project management, managing multiple projects with many milestones, deliverables and tasks.

1) How do I show deliverables in card view? What I mean is, if I have parent and child rows in the sheet where the parent is the deliverable and the children are tasks to achieve that deliverable, how do I reflect that hierarchy in card view?

2) Is there any way to track dependencies in card view? Gantt view does this well but I can't get the same functionality from card view.

Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello Andrea—

Card view currently doesn't have a way to display parent/child hierarchy or display dependencies but I'll get your vote down for these on our enhancement request list that is reviewed by our Product team.

One workaround for displaying hierarchy would be to create an additional dropdown column that you can use to label your tasks as deliverables versus tasks.

• Andrea Tuch
    edited 11/02/16
    Options

Hi Shaine

Thank you for your response.

I work for the Movember Foundation and we are wanting to use card view across the organisation internationally for all of our large projects but this is a big barrier.

Ultimately we need to get a rolled up gantt view by deliverables and not by task. Do you have any suggestions for doing that?

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.