Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Year to Date calculation, This Year vs. Last Year

Sam Janicek
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am trying to do a year to date calculation on some sales data but would like to bais it on this years sales vs last years sales to keep track of how we are doing month by month. Do I need to do a horizonal lookup? A sumif? Is there a way to add a current date to the sheet, then simply do if sum if >= to this date? Please let me know if you have any ideas. 

Thanks, 

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 9.45.18 AM.png

Tags:

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 10/31/16

Hello Sam—

Smartsheet has a LOOKUP function, but not an HLOOKUP function. You may be able to accomplish what you need with a SUMIF or LOOKUP, but all data necessary for your calculation must be on the same sheet.

If you don't have dates in your sheet at the moment, then you'll need to create a date column, manually add the dates, then create a formula that iterates over that data. More information on using formulas in Smartsheet is available in our Help Center: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas

This discussion has been closed.