Proofing- Previous Versions

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Proofing- Previous Versions

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet

Hello everyone,

I have been using the proofing feature in our team for internal proofing. I have an issue where as soon as you add a new document version, the previous versions are no longer visible they sit loading. You can still download the older version you just can't see them on the proofing panel. This means you can't see annotations linked with comments. Is anyone else experiencing this. Any feedback is appreciated.

Kind regards

Conner

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Conner,

It should work, and I tested a moment ago, and it did for me.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Hi Andrée,

Thanks for the response, it seems to be intermittent but works less than it doesn't, you can download the previous version but it doesn't seem to load on the proofing pane so you can't see where the annotations are linked to. I raised a ticket early last week but still haven't heard anything back, must be busy.

Have a nice day and thanks for looking!

Kind regards

Conner

Happy to help!

Sure sounds like a bug!

Let me know how it goes!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Hi Conner,

I'm the product manager for proofing and this definitely sounds like a bug. We will look into this to see what we can do. You should be able to see previous versions with the comments linked in!

Thanks,

Brian

• Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. As mentioned it works maybe 1 in 10 times briefly. Other than that the previous versions always sit loading, you can download them so i think it's an issue with the proofing pane and not the actually documents. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Conner

• I have also just discovered strangely enough if you can reach the version button and change in before the latest version loads you can select an earlier version, but then that will be the only one that works.

• Hi All,

Just as an update Support came back and clarified that it is a known bug and is being worked on. It's unfortunate but hopefully will be fixed soon.

Kind regards

Conner

@Conner Sherman Thanks for the update!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• @BrianBosché Thanks for letting me know, I will keep and eye on it and give an update next week.