Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Alert only if priority is high

I have make a webform for all other staffmembers for issues.

A new row is coming in. But I only want to recieve an alert if priority of issue is High.

How can I do this? It is not a change of collumn.

I tried it with a new column and a formule like =IF(ISBLANK(Prioriteit1), "Start", IF(Prioriteit1 = "1. Hoog", "Start"))

But if there is a new row how can the formula automatic in the new row?

Then alert is simple- if these new collumn change in start than alert per mail.

But hoe can I fix that?

Comments

• I also tried in webform as default value but it is not working because it makes:

'=IF(ISBLANK(Prioriteit1), "Start", IF(Prioriteit1 = "1. Hoog", "Start"))

• Hello Judith—we currently don't have a way to create Conditional Notifications, such that will notify you only when a specific kind of change has been made in the sheet (such as: alert me only when priority = high) but this is something that our Product team is working on. 

You might consider creating a new Text/Number column in your sheet, then placing a IF statement in that column that will return a value once your priority column "High" (or the value you're using), an example as follows:

=IF(Priority1 = "High", "Notify me")

You'll need to modify this formula to fit your own sheet values and column names.

You can then set a Notification off of the new column.

• TNX but how can I make it as default value with the webform? Now the sign ' is coming with?

• Hello Judith,

You don't want to include this film in a web form, as you've found that Smartsheet will convert the formula to text by placing an apostrophe in front of the equals sign. I'd recommend removing your conditional notifications column as a field from the web form using the steps in our Help Center: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522221-using-web-forms#createform

Your "Priority" column can still be included in the web form but you'll need to place your conditional notification formula in a separate column.

• It is in a seperate column. But I like to receive a notification only if Prio is high. So this column must be filled autopmaticaly. Because rows in this form are filled by webform. Do you understand me? Not possible to make the collumn filled automatically?

• Judith—if your priority column is manually set by collaborators when they fill out the web form, the best workaround we have for you to be alerted once they set the priority as "high" is by inserting an IF statement in a new column (that isn't a field in your webform) that returns a value when your Priority column is "high" and then create a Notification based off of the new column, as described in my previous comments.

If you're wanting a different type of functionality, such as the priority column to automatically fill somehow, then you'll need to work out an IF statement in your sheet that returns a value based on conditions. I'd recommend reviewing our Help Center article on formulas to see what we have available: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas

This discussion has been closed.