Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Functions question

edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have 2 sheets where "sheet II" is a weekly updated version of "sheet I".  Tasks are being checked off in a "Checkbox Column".  My question: is there a formula where "Sheet II" can lookup whether checkboxes are checked off in Sheet I and therefore populate the checkmarks?  "Sheet II" contains different number of rows so the function must be able to lookup a range rather than just a single row. 

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi 96,

Right now Smartsheet does not support cross sheet functionality. This is something that has been discussed and I think is on the Roadmap to be done at some time.

Peace!

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 10/31/16

Heidi's correct, we don't have a way to reference other sheets with formula as of yet. Our Product team is currently at work on how we can achieve this functionality but we have no timeframe for when we'll see this in the app.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi 96 it sounds like you are trying to use Smartsheet like you would Excel and it doesnt work that way, so I suggest you look at your workflow design and use Smartsheet for what it is excellent at, which is collaboration and getting the work done. 

Do you need 2 sheets? Could you use a Report that reads data from both sheets, or cell linking to surface what you need? 

I recommend you step back up and look at the workflow design? 

Happy to help if you get stuck? 

RichardR 

This discussion has been closed.