Webform not updating after sheet changes

Hello

I have created a simple sheet with data for internal materials requests, including an approval loop via workflows.

I then created a webform to gather input; in order to test it, in the approver / exectutor user fields I used fake data (=always myself and my colleague) to test it. It works.

I have now updated the user lists (in the concerned columns), but the webform has not updated itself and still it presents the old names in the field. Why on earth?!?

Thank you

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Alessandro,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Here you go the screenshots (SS-x). Sorry for menus in Italian language.

Loog at field Purchasing Executor: after initial test with temporary users, I have defined (SS4.png) the field in the sheet with the correct name of the buyer, but the form field is not updated consequently (SS5.png) and it still presents the two test users originally set.

Manager field: even worse. I have updated it (SS1.png) with the four managers to select, but had the same problem as above. So I deleted the column and re-created it, then made sure it was in the form edit window (SS2.png), but in this case the form does not show the field right away! (SS3.png).

So, beyond a certain point the form "refuses" to accept some modifications.

SS1.PNG

SS2.PNG

SS3.PNG

SS4.PNG

SS5.PNG

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Can you share the sheet or a copy of it with me, and I'll have a look?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I am having the very same problem. Was this ever resolved?

im

My situation is very similar:

1. I created a form to input data into an existing sheet that I created from an import of an excel .xlsx file.
    2. The form will update the data in the sheet. However, in the fields that utilize pull-down lists from previous entries, I do NOT see the values for the entry I just made.
    3. I deleted all empty rows, and changed the sheet behavior to add updates to the TOP of the sheet.
    4. Still not updated data in the pull down lists.

Do I need to refresh the form or something to pull the new data into the form list fields? How do I do that?

Thank you, I appreciate your help and consideration.

cciegirl2012

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @cciegirl2012

A form will create a new row in your sheet but it won't change the column properties of a dropdown column.

To do this, you'll want to either edit that field in the form, or edit the dropdown options directly in the sheet by double-clicking the column name.

See: Maintain consistency in data collection with dropdown columns

Cheers,

Genevieve