Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

View Row as web form?

Rohit Rao
Rohit Rao
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi,

Can we view and update a row as a web form? We have a sheet with a number of columns and users would like to view the row in a web form style  (say right click-view as web form) so that's easy to update information in cells. Its way cleaner than jumping into each cell. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Comments

• If you switch to card view you have a form to update the information..

• My understanding is card view lanes are out of dropdown lists. I don't have drop down lists :-(  But this got me thinking. I added a column with a single drop down list value to all the rows. Not ideal but works. Thanks!

My next question: is there a way I can be selective about which columns are available in the card web-form view?

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Rohit

by all means continue your exploration of Cardview but to answer you original question... 

When you use the Edit Row Function in a sheet, you do infact get a Form to view the sheet vertically which is easier than editing a sheet left to right as a spreadsheet. 

If the Editor is not shared to the sheet, send them an update request and that add the extra control of only letting them see and edit the columns you want them to see/edit. 

Both ways give you a nice access to a form to fill out. 

Hope that Helps

RichardR

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 11/02/16

Good call Richard!  In regards to the columns content in the form I believe it will always include everything.  If you utilized the update request feature this allows you to pick and choose which columns require updating..here is a link on update request functionality..

https://www.smartsheet.com/videos/update-requests-smartsheet

• Thanks Richard! I guess, I should have explored all right click options by actually clicking them :-)

W.r.t to selecting columns in Update Request, can we save the selection for a sheet? I have 35 columns and ideally I would like to send 10 of these but I don't want to hide them in the actual sheet. 

• Hello Rohit—we don't have a way to preserve the update request options chosen for further update requests that you schedule, but I'll add your vote for this to our enhancement request list for further consideration.

This discussion has been closed.