Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Linked cells - date format

Clive Bolton
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi - Ive reviewed the discussions but couldnt find an answer. I have a summary sheet and have linked dates from other sheets. When i look to have the summary sheet in GANTT form the data is not recognised as a date and hence it doesnt auto visual.

Anyone else come across this ?

thanks

Clive

Comments

• Is the data that is cell linked in a date column? The sheet requires two date columns to enable Gantt view.

• Hi Benjamin - it is, when the date column is updated in the linked sheet and comes across into the date column in the other sheet it doent show as a date although i have set the columns to be date format - i can manually enter dates in the columns outside of linked cells - will keep playing and let you know

• @Clive Bolton Is your source sheet column (where the data originates from) set as a date column? It sounds like since you can manually type in and get the date formatting on your destination sheet, that your source sheet's data isn't formatted for date.

This discussion has been closed.