Sending a form with automation

Options
2»

Answers

• Shwetaic
    Options

Hello Team,

I'am trying to automate Maternity leave requests, now I want a smartsheet form to be sent out to employees if they want an extension in maternity leave, where they can add the number of days they want to extend and attach a required document.. how can i do that.. please help

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Shwetaic, assuming you have in place:

• Sheet A containing their contact information and some trigger such as a date field or a checkbox or however you want to launch the workflow requesting them to complete the form, and
    • Sheet B into which you'll collect the form entries (correlating them with Sheet A via a cross-reference formula), and
    • a form based on Sheet B which requests their email, number of days and attachment, then...

You can include that form's url in in a MessageOnly workflow in Sheet A, along with such additional elements as perhaps their {{CurrentLeaveDays}}, or anything else you may want the message to say.

If you want to have that form pre-populated with any values already in Sheet A, you could create a [LeaveExtensionForm] column in Sheet A (possibly as a formula that grabs it from a LeaveExtensionForm# summary field, and concatenates those fields using the techniques found at "Pre-Populate a Form" in my Smartsheet Arsenal) and then include that formula result in the MessageOnly workflow as {{LeaveExtensionForm}}.

If you want to get really sophisticated and enable the employee to directly update Sheet A themselves, you could use the Self-Update Solution that gives non-Smartsheet users the ability to maintain their own content, constrained by whatever limits you put in place.