Sending a form with automation

12/16/19
Accepted

I'd like to set up some automation that will send a unique form once a certain criteria is selected in the worksheet. I can set up the automation to alert someone, or request an update, but nowhere can I send a form. Alternatively, is it possible to send an update request that only shows specific columns in the sheet? Some of the information in the sheet is confidential so the standard update request doesn't work.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Wow. That's awesome. I knew there had to be a way but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help! 👍️

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Blake,

How is the form unique? Do you need it to be unique to the one you send it to? Update requests are excellent but there might be a way to use a ordinary for as well.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Hello SmartSheet Friends,

I am trying to complete this too but for some reason, its not working for me. I'm clearly doing something incorrectly. I've attached a screenshot. FYI - sending it to myself to test it first before I request the update from my customer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Mitchell

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/29/20

Hi @Mitchell Silva

What's not working for you? What do you want to happen?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mitchell Silva Try changing the dropdown next to the word "Trigger" to run on a date field and select the [Planned Installation Date] Column.