How to view a calendar by column other than the primary

Hello Smartsheet Community,

I am trying to find a work around to view a calendar by more than just the info in the primary column.

I currently have a sheet that contains all of our workshop orders for a particular product range. It contains the customer name, product type, dispatch date, ect. We look at this sheet in calendar view to see when jobs are coming up, but to half my team the "customer name" column is important (current primary column) and to the other half the "product ordered" column is the important bit to be displayed.

How could I possibly use a formula, a work around or something else to view the sheet in calendar view by both criteria. I have been currently copying the whole sheet to another daily, this is a bit to clunky and leaves room for too much human error.

Any help would be most appreciated :)

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mitch,

I developed a similar solution for a client recently.

I changed the primary column to show information from the other columns with the JOIN function and maybe in combination with the COLLECT function.

More info about the JOIN and COLLECT functions.

Try something like this.

=JOIN(COLLECT([Appointment Date]@row:[Customer ID]@row; 
    [Appointment Date]@row:[Customer ID]@row; NOT(ISBLANK(@cell))); " ")

The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.

=JOIN(COLLECT([Appointment Date]@row:[Customer ID]@row, 
    [Appointment Date]@row:[Customer ID]@row, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell))), " ")

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma."

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day, and let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.