Saving email & attachments together

I am curious if anyone has a solution for matching up a saved email and the corresponding attachment(s)?

I use outlook to save them and since it separates them it can be difficult to match them back up.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Trello attaches emails with the attachment, so they stay together. This would be a great feature for SS. I put in an enhancement request.

Thank you

Answers

• RebSchr
    RebSchr ✭✭✭✭✭

@Angie Hatfield I have the same issue. I save my emails from Outlook Add-in with the attachments (which can be named 10,000 different ways) to my project sheet. I end up having trouble finding the correct attachment for the comment that it added.

My only work around is looking at when the comment was made, then sorting the attachments by date. It is not the most efficient way, but it at least allows me to narrow down which attachment I am looking for.

I did submit a request on having the ability to print the attachment when printing the comment.

Hope this helps!

Rebekah

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @rschreader43671. I am glad to not be only with this frustrating issue. I am glad you have a work around. i hope a solution comes that eliminates this clunky and inefficient feature.

• I would like to save my email as HTML, than save as an attachment. It would be great to send email to a smartsheet account, then save information both of email content and file attachment.