Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sheet Logo

Kip Erickson
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I created a sheet a while back which has the wrong logo on it.  I right clicked on the sheet tab and did not see an option to change the color or logo.  I can go into my account settings and make changes, but it seems to be just form my home page, or if I create a new page I have an oppertunity to change it then, but an existing sheet, I have no idea.

Comments

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Kip,

To change the logo, go to the top left corner of the window and click on the Account cog. Then choose Colors & Logo and upload the correct logo. This will appear on all of your sheets/reports.

Blessings,

Loann

• Thank you Loann,
    I did find that I need to have the sheet under a Workspace in order to make those changes.  If a sheet is just kept as is under All, it is not affected by any changes made on the account level.  I did get it to work though and everything is looking great.  Thanks for the comment.

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, as I don't have any sheets/reports in the Workspace. ;-)

• Hi Kip, just wanted to chime in with the expected functionality:

Sheets and reports you own in your Sheets folder will have the colors and logo settings that you set under Account > Colors & Logo.

Sheets and reports in your Sheets folder that other people have shared to you (ones you don't own) will have the Owner's colors and logo settings in their account.

Items in Workspaces will have the colors and logo settings located by right-clicking the Workspace name from within your Home tab and selecting Workspace Colors & Logo.

More on this in the help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/506518-branding-smartsheet-with-your-colors-logo

• Hi Kip

I am experiencing the same issue. We changed our logo about 6 months ago, therefore some existing worksheets have the old logo. I am the owner and administrator and I am unable to change the logos on the old worksheets. I have changed the main logo and all new sheets have the new logo but i am trying to avoid re-creating all of the old worksheets with the new logo. Despite what other forums say, there is not an option to right click and change the logo on the old sheets. This is extremely frustrating!

• Hi Rob, 

It's likely because you don't own those sheets. Being a SysAdmin on a plan, or being shared to a sheet as an Administrator, doesn't grant permissions for you to change the colors & logo of sheets you don't own.

I'd recommend first taking ownership of the sheets you need. If the "old" sheets are owned by another user in your plan, and you're the SysAdmin of a team plan, you can take ownership of their sheets with the following steps: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/520103-changing-the-sheet-owner#bulk

Otherwise, you can go through the ownership transfer process here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/520103-changing-the-sheet-owner

If the above doesn't work, reach out to Support@Smartsheet.com and our Support team can further assist.

• Kip Erickson
    edited 11/10/16

Also, take a look at the ALL list, in that list is shows the location of the sheet you are refering to.  If that sheet is listed under "sheets" it will only have the color and logo it was set up with.  Click and drag that sheet into a Workspace and make sure that Workspace has the setting for color and logo that you want.

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So very odd, indeed. I just went in to our Accounts/Colors & Logo area and changed the logo. It changed it in the upper right hand corner of the window, and on every sheet/report that I have.

I don't have any sheets/reports in the Workspace area, so I can't test that particular realm.

Blessings,
    Loann

This discussion has been closed.