Remove the Smartsheet Login Header in Email Alert

PharaK SupportServiceManager
PharaK SupportServiceManager ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 01/18/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Everybody

I've been perplexed why I receive smartsheet login/permission request alerts from clients. I only realized yesterday when I clicked the download pictures on my outlook tests that the below image is displayed. Therefore clients think they are required to login to proceed with whatever the email requires.

Some clients send angry emails asking how and why they are sent a login request when they are not supplied with login credentials.

I also believe many ignore or abandon the process without complaining because of this image.

Please assist on how to remove this Login Image. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/18/20

Happy to help!

Pro tip. Use Placeholders to make it east to change a specific text in the alert. Change once and it updates in alls alerts that has the placeholder.

More info:

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/29/20

Suggestion: bcc support every time you have to interact with a notification recipient to advise them to ignore the Login button. That should eventually help them recognize the scale of the issue.

Here is the Enhancement Request I submitted at Andrée's suggestion:

"The Login button at the top of automated notifications is highly confusing, and as best I'm aware completely superfluous. When does a person getting an automation-generated notification EVER need to login to perform the action requested of them. NEVER, right? It's either an Alert which is FYI only, or its an Update or Approval request, which has its own button. 

"I have had to deal with 37 requests from confused recipients in the last year, each of them a complete and utter waste of my time, and a source of annoyance for our those who wonder why they are "asked" to log in, don't have credentials, and get FOMO thinking that they should be privy to something unavailable to them. "

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, Andrée's suggestion about using the Dynamic Cell Data {{placeholders}} is great for informing recipients about things pertinent to "their" row of information. Unfortunately, the only placeholders that can be applied are from within the Sheet being automated, and only on the row associated with particular automations generated. There is not a way to apply placeholders from Sheet Summary, other sheets, or anywhere else.

The only kluge-y solution I can imagine is to create column called something like LoginNO and fill the top cell with something like, "NOTE: DO NOT click the blue Login button above unless specifically instructed to do so." Next, have every other cell in that column contain the formula: =LoginNO$1. Then include {{LoginNO}} as the first line on each automation (ie, instead of typing that entire message on the top line). Any time you wanted to change the wording you'd edit the text in cell LoginNO1 and all automations thereafter would display the latest value of LoginNO1.

• Hi All - Did you get a response back from smartsheet? I've been ignoring the header as well, but now clients are starting to get confused as you so described.

I will call support as well (bcc email) :) to help get it prioritize.

thank you.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@director62476

Yes, it's an excellent improvement. My clients love the new sleek design of the message now.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.