Recurring Date

Options

Hello everyone,

I'm preparing a new sheet for organising maintenance acitivities.

While planning maintenance we've have activities coming in a regularly frequency, for example 1x year, but also 1xmonth, 1x3Months etc.

Not to loosing the overview I'm looking for the possibility to list the specific maintenance only once and repeat it automatically (e.g. every first week / month) - in principle comparable with a recurring date in each popular calender function (google etc.).

Is there any idea how to realise this in smartsheet?

Every help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

BR juschka

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Juschka,

Not sure I follow! Do you want to have one activity on one row to alert with a pattern, or do you want to have one row for each activity according to the recurrence?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Anja Monning
    Options

Dear Andree,

thanks for your fast reply.

I try to add a screenshot with a a simplified example with the idea for everyone to understand my problem.

We have a maintenance acitivity once month , every first monday in month.

Other things have to be done once / 3month - every first week in the quarter.

In a complete mainenance overview list for the whole year I would have to add 12 rows for the monthly and 4 rows for the quarter acitivities and to formate them manually. Correct?

I was looking for a shorter opportunity to implement a recurring date, as usable in google calender (reccuring meetings).

It would be easier for the daily business and for sure finally the list would be shorter if i could avoid manually work.

The reason is, that I don't have only two of such items - finally we're ending with more than hundreds rows in the maintenance list....

I've shared the test sheet with you, I'll hope it's working fine.

Thanks for your help

BR

juschka