Is it possible to copy an automation workflow from one sheet to another sheet?

Options
2»

Answers

• Chood
    Chood ✭✭
    Options

I found a work around if anyone is interested.

I have a bunch of sheets I created with a template sheet. It copied all of the old automations with it.

I was looking at hours of deleting all of those automations and recreating new ones in the sheets.

What I did was made a blank sheet with the automations, and formatting setup.

I went to the sheets with the data and columns I wanted and copied all of the rows over.

Renamed the sheet and have everything ready to go.

I only had to create the automations and formatting once. In my case all of the sheets have the same format and automations.

Maybe this can work for you too.

• Chood
    Chood ✭✭
    Options

Also,

I copied one row over before building my automations and formatting so all columns would be available for reference.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chood

I hope you're well and safe!

That's an excellent workaround! Thanks for sharing!

One thing to be aware of is that if you're using any formulas, you'd need to recreate them (copy/paste) in the new sheet.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Chood
    Chood ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I left that out. Yes... add your formulas to the columns on your Blank template sheet.

It's not elegant, but just saved me HOURS of work for not planning ahead.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chood

Yes, I agree, and here's a PRO TIP (maybe) 😉.

Add the formulas and add a unique character before =, so something like this °=FORMULA, and then you can use Find and Replace and replace the unique character with nothing, and all formulas will be activated.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.