How do I hyperlink to a folder on our company shared drive within smartsheet?

I would like to hyperlink to a folder on our company shared drive. I see many have asked this question back a couple years ago but have not been able to see a solution. Has anyone figured this out?

Answers

• Hi Heidi,

Currently Smartsheet doesn't support linking to internal directories; hyperlinks need to link to publicly available URLs (click here for more information on Hyperlinking).

Please submit an Enhancement Request to our Product team when you have a minute!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I submitted an enhancement request but I was kind of shocked that something I thought would be there... isnt.

This means that there is no way to link this management platform to locations on our local servers which seem to be such a basic function, why is this missing?

• This is a feature my company also needs please. We are using Smartsheet more and more but will need to continue with a different platform without this feature.

• Hi Genevieve,

I also have this concern, as my company uses Smartsheet a lot and would love this basic feature. This could be so useful and seems like a standard feature.

Additionally, when someone has a request like this, shouldn't Smartsheet's priority be to make the enhancement request for their customers rather than ask them to do it? This way Smartsheet could either start the enhancement request on the customer's behalf, or confirm to the customer that a similar enhancement request has already been created. This avoids duplicate enhancement requests, as well as providing better customer service through showing initiative. Thank you!

• Hi @Josh Selvidio

The form linked above (and available in the top-left menu of the Community) goes directly to the Product Team who reviews all requests; it's actually great for them to see duplicate requests from more than one customer as it shows the variety of different users and use-cases that can benefit from the same (or similar) updates.

Additionally, the online Community is a self-service forum where you can discuss Smartsheet with other users. By providing the link directly, this ensures that any other members who come across this post can quickly add their voice to the same request, or provide feedback on separate requests, without needing an intermediary to contact the Product Team on their behalf.

I'm more than happy to submit the form for you (and I have done so just now), however keep in mind that I won't be able to describe your specific use-case or why this feature is important to you and your company. I would still encourage you to submit your own version of the request so you can outline these details. The more the merrier!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve,

Just submitted my Smartsheet Enhancement request. Yup same desire, I agree with all the previous comments. I too am shocked a shared folder hyperlink can't be attached to a line item. It seems to me it's fundamental, company drive folders share access to source artifacts real time with stakeholders. Attaching a file to a line item stagnates the process, requiring someone to remember an attached Smartsheet file needs to be updated (deleted and replaced) during the active life of a project.

Best Regards,

Jon

• I have seen multiple posts with different headings basically asking for the same resolution. The ability to link to a local network especially when the Dashboard or Sheet is only for internal personnel. It does not make sense to add an additional layer when one is not needed i.e. creating or signing into a cloud storage. Hopefully Smartsheet will see the necessity and value of this modification. Thanks.

• Texmati
    Texmati ✭✭

How's this coming along?

• I'm looking for this as well, I see its been 3 years, any updates?

• klemenk
    klemenk ✭✭

Does Smartsheet team have a solution for this request yet? Seems like this would be a great help to everyone. Any projected date as to if or when this feature would be available to all? Why is this so complicated?

• Looks like this request has been out there for over 3 years. Any progress? I've come across several basic functions that are missing from Smartsheets. I've seen numerous users requesting the same features without any progress. Smartsheets is a great tool, but it would be so much better if you listened to users' requests and implemented basic features.

• Same here - for me basic function which is missing - I am little bit shocked.

• Same here, any update Smartsheet team?