Approval Requests being sent to people not included in workflow!

Please help!

I have set up an approval workflow for funding requests and set up the condition that, depending on which College is selected, only the Directors and Dean's of those Colleges are being requested for approval. But, what is happening instead is that once the Project Manager approves (Sonja), ALL of the directors are being sent the email for approval.

Is this because I have all answers being saved in a specific column rather than individual columns?

Should I remove condition and change it to the 'Trigger' section?

I have it set to "Send to specific people" so I do not understand why it is requesting approval from people not listed in that section. Very frustrating.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Sarah,

It seems like all your workflows are triggered at the same time, so you’ll probably need to update each or combine them in one workflow with Conditional Paths.

I’d be happy to take a look!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Sarah,

It seems like all your workflows are triggered at the same time, so you’ll probably need to update each or combine them in one workflow with Conditional Paths.

I’d be happy to take a look!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.