COUNTIFS Formula "NOT" error

I want to calculate something for a dashboard. My formula references our team's tracker sheet. I am looking to use COUNTIFS for Tasks that are a specific Request Type, not a grand parent row, and not in our Archive section. The first part of my formula works, my Archive NOT rule is what gives me an error. I've included a screenshot with my helper row unhidden. The helper row lets me single out the ancestors marked "3." Those rows will be our task names for reporting and hides their children.

=COUNTIFS({Operations Training Team Tracker Range 3}, FIND("e-Learning Module", @cell) > 0, {Operations Training Team Tracker Range 2}, >2, {Operations Training Team Tracker Range 4}, NOT(@cell = "Archive"))

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What column(s) are included in each of your ranges, and what error are you getting?

• {Master Project List - Project Health} = "Request Type" column

{Operations Training Team Tracker Range 2} = "Helper" column

{Operations Training Team Tracker Range 4} = "Status" column

I get #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET

• Funny enough I think you were right, after I cleared the left align formatting on my helper column and refreshed the page all worked fine! Great idea, would have never thought that was the issue, thanks :)

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Alysse Griffith I am glad to hear everything is working! 👍️

It shouldn't have had to do with any "custom" formatting though. If you had intentionally set the column to be left aligned, then resetting it should not have made a difference.

What I was referring to is if there is NO custom formatting applied to the column numerical values will be right aligned and text values left aligned. Custom formatting options such as the side alignment should not have affected the data itself, only how it was displayed.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!