Forms - Changing a form entry once submitted

Is it possible to revisit a form entry? i.e. User returns to change it once it has been submitted?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@tbmwater There are ways to automate sending the update request when a user wants to request one themselves. The basic setup would be:

Separate sheet with a form built that collects identifying information.

New column on the main sheet that uses a COUNTIFS formula and cross sheet references to count how many times a user submits a form to receive an update request.

An automation on the main sheet that sends the update request based on the number in this new column changing to any value.

This way the user can submit a form with a little bit of identifying info and trigger their own update request.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

As possible workarounds,

1. You could have an automatic update request sent for the submitter to be able to update the information.
    2. Use the premium add-on, Dynamic view

Will the submitters be shared to the sheet? (if yes, there are other options than the above)

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ok, I will consider submitting the enhancement request. It seems that in order to issue the update request that I would need to be notified by my user first that a change needs to be made and then issue the update request. Am I missing something? The the premium add-on, Dynamic view: We are a small non-profit and we are on a 3 license Team plan and lucky to have that. This sounds like an upgrade to me.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@tbmwater There are ways to automate sending the update request when a user wants to request one themselves. The basic setup would be:

Separate sheet with a form built that collects identifying information.

New column on the main sheet that uses a COUNTIFS formula and cross sheet references to count how many times a user submits a form to receive an update request.

An automation on the main sheet that sends the update request based on the number in this new column changing to any value.

This way the user can submit a form with a little bit of identifying info and trigger their own update request.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tbmwater

Happy to help! 

Yes, the Dynamic View is a premium add-on with an additional cost.

It seems like my first suggestion, and Paul's would work perfectly for what you need.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Best, 

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• sholmes
    sholmes ✭✭✭✭
    1. Hi @Andrée Starå , I am about to use a form but have a feeling we may run into the issue of a form being submitted and need to be updated after submitted. I see this is not an option at the moment but saw you suggestion to "You could have an automatic update request sent for the submitter to be able to update the information." Would you be able to explain a little more how I could do this and how this would help the user make a change to an item submitted via form? Thanks so much!