Web content widgets in dashboards and PDF files

patrick_daniels
edited 02/02/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Does Smartsheet not support embedding PDF files into dashboards? Looks like Adobe XD CC is supported but I'm not familiar with that tool. Does anyone know how to get a PDF containing hyperlinks uploaded/embedded into a Smartsheet dashboard? I'd also like to retain the hyperlinks in the PDF so that viewers can still click/access links in the embedded PDF from within the Smartsheet dashboard. If anyone has an alternative work around...maybe using an image and some HTML image map code, that would help as well. Surely there's a way to get this to work.

Thanks,

Patrick

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Patrick,

Have you tried the different Web content widget types?

I’d test out the following to start with.

• Google Docs
    • Google Slides
    • Microsoft PowerPoint Online (Office 365)
    • Microsoft Word Online (Office 365)

More info:

Did it work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée, yes I already tried that but am not having any luck. Also, it has to be a PDF document. It's the only document format available I have to work with as the software tool that's used to generate this file only produces PDFs.

I suppose the only other way to do it would be if I created an jpeg image from the PDF file and then used some sort of Smartsheet HTML widget where I could pop in the image destination URL along with some HTML code (image map instructions) but I don't believe that's available today.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

I'll get back to the post if I think of something else!

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.