How to work with multiple criteria evaluation?

I want to create an evaluation for 5 people on 7 criteria in Smartsheet.

If I use form or Request Update workflow, then I can only create one input per item/line. However, I want 5 evaluations for each item/line. Do I create indended line and sum? Do I create seperate sheets for each person evaluating and then sum the evalution in an additional sheet?

Is there a functionality in Dynamic View, where I can do this?

This is an example, where I want the line with reference number 016 to be evaluated for Scientific novelty/Solidity/unmet needs/Market approach. In this dynamic view, I can only have one person check the boxes. How is it possible to have a matrix, where I can have 5 people check a box for ie scientific novelty for reference 016?

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 02/06/20

Hi Christine,

If I understand you correctly, you're looking to have 5 different users mark the same checkboxes per line-item. Your suggestion of having an indented line, or child rows, would be what I would set up in this scenario:

You'll notice I added in an extra column that has the Evaluator listed in a Contact Column. You could then configure your Dynamic View to only show the rows assigned to the current user:

This would allow each evaluator to go in and check all the boxes needed per person. Your source sheet would then populate with all of the different answers from each row. For example, this would be my view (notice I can't see anyone else's rows, or any of the fields that have formulas):

As a final note, I'm not sure what the Evaluation Count column is - is this just totalling up the number of boxes checked for that row? If so, you could either have the Parent row calculate the overall total from all the child (indented) rows like so: =SUM(CHILDREN()) or you could calculate the average (like in my screen capture above) like so: =AVG(CHILDREN()). These formulas will update automatically as the Dynamic view is filled in.

Let me know if this works for what you are looking to do, or if I have misunderstood your question!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Genevieve P

Thank you for a very elaborate answer 😊 I like the idea with intended rows (children). However, doesn't this solution require that I have predefined the reviewers by name?

Is there a solution, where the reviewers can change from time to time, and have the form populate with children, instead of being predefined?

another topic when working with children - each reviewer will make comments... how do I gather them from 5 different rows?

• Hi @Genevieve P - thank you so much for the answer :-)

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

No problem! I'm glad that the forms solution will work for you. 😊