Email Forms not working to contacts list

Hi

I am a new user to Smartsheet and I have an individual licence.

The forms allows me to preview and send to myself as it does on the free trial.

The form is to collect Supplier quotes for products we are asked to provide and each supplier contact I have added to my contacts list. None of the emails are sent.

My conclusion is that maybe it is operator fault or my account has not been upgraded correctly as when I sign in to my smartsheet the landing page says 'You don't have access to this item. Permission settings are preventing access to the item you requested.The item may have been deleted or the URL may be incorrect" .Below is an instruction to seek permission" which goes nowhere.

Needless to say the menu next to it has all my sheets etc and allows me entry as normal.

Twice I have asked support for help on this , a month ago, and a few days ago, as yet no response.

Does any member have a suggestion ?

Best Answer

• Trevor Ford-Batey
    Answer ✓

Hi Andre,

I have just tested a form from my desktop to a gmail account and the email arrived to that account and I was informed of email being sent to the gmail account back to my own email address.

I opened the form on the gmail account and completed the form, just as a customer would and asked for cc copy back to me.A copy of the form was sent back to the gmail account and the form loaded properly on the respective sheet.

Steps taken to send email from Forms to non collaboration contacts

Thanks for your feedback.

Trevor

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/12/20

Hi Trevor,

Have you checked the Permission.setting for the Automations? (cog in the upper right corner in the Automation overview) 

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello Andre

Thanks for contacting. Since my last post I have received a communication from smartsheet who asked me to clear my cache , which I did, and use this address( https://app.smartsheet.com/ ) this allowed me to go on to the correct landing page. However I have not yet tested the Forms operation but will do so today.

For community education attached is the screen shot of what was showing on the landing page.

I will take further screenshots as the day goes on.

Thanks again

Trevor (trev@wparber.co.uk)

• Trevor Ford-Batey
    Answer ✓

Hi Andre,

I have just tested a form from my desktop to a gmail account and the email arrived to that account and I was informed of email being sent to the gmail account back to my own email address.

I opened the form on the gmail account and completed the form, just as a customer would and asked for cc copy back to me.A copy of the form was sent back to the gmail account and the form loaded properly on the respective sheet.

Steps taken to send email from Forms to non collaboration contacts

Thanks for your feedback.

Trevor

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Please help the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.