Workflow with multiple "has any of" conditions on same path not sending alerts

Hello!

I am trying to set up a workflow that requires various teams of people to review a document, but am wondering if having multiple conditions is preventing them from firing.

I want a user to be able to submit a document for review. The user should be able to select one or more of 4 teams in the form to do the reviews. Each team has a set of users assigned to be the reviewers. So:

Team A - Andrew, Alison

Team B - Barry, Barbara

Team C - Chelsea, Charlie

Team D - Doug, Dara

If the user selects Team A and Team B, then Andrew, Alison, Barry and Barbara should get an alert.

If the user selects Team C, then Chelsea and Charlie should get an alert. etc.

I have these conditions set up on one condition path like this:

Where Teams to Review Has any of - Team A, then send an alert.

Where Teams to Review Has any of Team B, then send an alert.

What is currently happening is that:

If I select Team A and Team B, Andrew and Alison are getting notifications but not Barry and Barbara.

If I select Team C, no notification is being sent out.

I am guessing that since I have these conditions on the same path, that only the first condition is being read by the automation.

Any advice on how to set this up to do what I'm interested in doing?

Thanks so much!!

Answers

• Hi @mcheung57551

I would actually suggest building 4 different workflows: one for each condition (with "has any of", as you have now). This way all 4 workflows will check to see which one of the Teams is selected, and will individually run, but only if its team is chosen (even when other teams are chosen in the same cell, as well).

You can read more about condition blocks in our Help Center (see here).

Let me know if this will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks Genevieve! I did this originally and it didn't seem to work but I likely did something wrong. I'll try again!