Resource Allocation % not visible in Project/Sheet view

I'm evaluating Smartsheet for our organization with the free trial. For the most part this is doing everything I need it to do. However, I can't figure out how to make the Resource Allocation % visible in the column that it is set for. For now, I have it set to the default in the Comments column. It is functioning properly as far as how it reports back to the Resource Views page. However, I would like to be able to actually see the values within the cell. We have different resource drains for different project phases, and as I add new phases or new milestones it gets confusing understanding which lines have been completed and which haven't when I can't see any data in that column. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Lyle James
    Answer ✓

Found my own fix. For anyone else who is having this same issue: select the entire column and set formatting to left-justified. I would have figured that, even at any other justification setting, the text would be visible within the cell. Not sure why none of the text was visible, but this solved the issue for me.

Answers

• Lyle James
    Answer ✓

Found my own fix. For anyone else who is having this same issue: select the entire column and set formatting to left-justified. I would have figured that, even at any other justification setting, the text would be visible within the cell. Not sure why none of the text was visible, but this solved the issue for me.

• The % allocation column always shows ´1´.

For now I have only 1 resource allocated per task (and configured likewise in the column options).

Ideally I would like to be able to assign some tasks to multiple resources that might have different allocations.

For Now I would first like the % column to calculate something different than 1.