Forms with Duplicate Entries

I have a sheet where I am collecting specific account information, but then want to collect names and demographic for multiple people. Is there a way to only input the account information once, but then have multiple rows with individual information instead of through columns? (right now I have it set up as manager #1, manager #2, manager #3, etc. as columns, i'd rather each of those populate as a row instead).

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

You could set up a solution with two forms. The first one for the main information and the second one for the rest. When the first is submitted it would open the second and then that one would reload after each submission.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• S_Karkhoff
    S_Karkhoff ✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå - I'm hoping to alleviate the issue of retyping the basic address/account information. Any ideas on how to populate that from an earlier entry? The only other thing i can think of is to collect the address/account info on one sheet, then do an index match to populate it onto another sheet...

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have to have it added to each row or could you have the main recorded marked to see the different records?

Would that work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/24/20

@S_Karkhoff What did you end up doing? I'm planning to have childcare providers enter the openings for children and whether they are open or closed and whether this is a NEW or REVISED Entry. Will need to have a user review and update the entry with the latest entry. I may be able to have the submitted put their Provider ID so we have a unique key to compare like data.

Any ideas?

One thing I was thinking of doing is using an INDEX MATCH formula on either the provider name or Provider ID and if it found a match put a "1" and then try to show the row with the most recent Modified date... just brainstorming...

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So here's what I ended up doing. I am capturing 2 items that should help me identify the provider: the Provider Name and the Provider ID #. I set up a formula that looks for Dups in both columns using this formula.

=IF(COUNTIFS([Child Care Center Name]:[Child Care Center Name], AND(@cell = [Child Care Center Name]@row, ISTEXT(@cell))) > 1, 1, 0)

Then I set up conditional formatting to show when there are dups for each row.

Lastly, created a checkbox titled "Show to Public" and then a Report in Publish mode to show the latest update to the sheet. A user is going to have do that manually for now. but I think it will work.

Tim