Slack or Microsoft Teams

Paul Hornell
Paul Hornell ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

We already use Smartsheet extensively throughout our business (ca. 120 employees in 4 locations).

We're currently considering implementing either Microsoft Teams or Slack and are keen to hear other users recommendations regarding how well those products integrate with Smartsheet.

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul,

What systems/services are you using in the business except for Smartsheet? Are you Google, Microsoft centered, or something else?

I'd say that depending on the above I'd recommend different solutions.

Here's some information that can be helpful as well.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée

Thanks for your answer!

We are definitely Microsoft centered, although we haven't yet made the move to Office 365.

Aside from Smartsheet and MS office, we use Hubspot (although considering a change to SugarCRM), Autodesk Inventor, Madcap Flare, and an obscure ERP system called Ostendo.

Appreciate any insights you can give.

Cheers

Paul

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

I'd recommend testing out the Teams integration because you're already using other Microsoft services.

Why are you considering changing from HubSpot? Except for being a Smartsheet Partner, I'm also a HubSpot Partner.

What do you think?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée

We currently use a product called eWay for CRM as well as Hubspot for online/social etc. We're looking at bringing those functions together, and we think Sugar may be a better option for us. Hubspot support in NZ where we are based has not been great.

Cheers

Paul

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/18/20

Ok.

I'd be happy to discuss more, and see if I can help in any way.

Feel free to email me at andree@workbold.com and we can continue the discussion.

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/19/20

I'm interested to understand how people propose to utilise the Smartsheet integration into Microsoft Teams. What are the benefits? I've had a play with it today, and it appears you can post a version of a Sheet into a Channel, but I can't see the reason for doing so.

In my mind, I would simply Share my Web-browser window with an external client and run them through the aspects for their project that are deemed relevant.

I'd be happy for people to provide some pro's and con's.

I've read

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/apps/microsoft-teams?_ga=2.136830581.433824857.1584500479-1644688494.1584500479

but would like to understand some real-world examples.

Thanks,

Richard.

• dqsoutherland
    dqsoutherland ✭✭✭✭

Richard,

One of the ways several of my teams are using is it when we need QAQC review. So the process works like this:

1) Form completed attaching document for QAQC review 2) Notification goes to our QAQC channel in teams so that everyone sees it and when someone is assigned it is instantly visable. (Eliminates the constant back & forth emails of who is going to, then "oh wait" i already did and forgot to tell you)

3)The person who takes it hops over to the integrated tab with the sheet, opens the document, reviews it and marks when complete.

4)The originator gets an email telling them its done.

When you have teams with several members, it really streamlines the process an eliminates unnecessary rounds of emails.

• Sarah Brelage
    Sarah Brelage ✭✭✭✭✭

So is anyone on this thread utilizing MadCap Flare within the process? I'm thinking of using Smartsheet for the intake of items for my tech writing team. Publishing key info to Teams so the group has visibility and then, once the work is assigned, sending the pertinent details to MacCap so the writers can begin work. We have a very manual process at this point and I'm hoping to eliminate duplicate data entry.