Verifying items in a row have been checked (completed)

I want to use a Checkbox column that would indicate whether several items in a row have been completed and if all are done (those items have check boxes showing completion), then the Checkbox column would get checked automatically.

Best Answer

Answers

• Rick Floyd
    Rick Floyd ✭✭✭✭

I want the "Organizational Charts" and other rows to be marked "Completed" with the check box when all of the contributing items are checked.

• Rick Floyd
    Rick Floyd ✭✭✭✭

Yep, that's exact;y what I needed - Thank you. I was trying to do it with a range like we do with columns.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use a range like you do with a column but ONLY IF all of the checkboxes are right next to each other with no interruptions.

To count how many are checked:

=COUNTIFS([First Check Column]@row:[Last Check Column]@row, 1)

To count how many are supposed to be checked (or you could just manually enter a number if you don't plan on adding or removing the columns):

=COUNTIFS([First Check Column]@row:[Last Check Column]@row, OR(@cell = 1, @cell <> 1))

Comparing the two in an IF statement that says if they both match (meaning all are checked:

=IF(COUNTIFS([First Check Column]@row:[Last Check Column]@row, 1) = COUNTIFS([First Check Column]@row:[Last Check Column]@row, OR(@cell = 1, @cell <> 1)), 1)

Or if you don't plan on changing the number of columns that need checked (using your above screenshot):

=IF(COUNTIFS([First Check Column]@row:[Last Check Column]@row, 1) = 6, 1)