Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Multi Project Milestone Report

Options
Luke Mentzer
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a series of projects that I need to report out the End Date for each of the milestones and I'd like to do that in a table.  So here is what I have.  I have 7 projects, each with 7 Milestones, each with 1 dates.  I laid those out in a report as 3 separate columns - Project, Milestone, Date. 

So what I need a table with the Projects on the Y-axis, the Milestones on the X-Axis and the intersection of those 2 to be the End Date.  I tried a number of methods in Excel but I'm not an Excel guru.  Is there a way to do this without the need of a proper reporting tool?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Luke,

It sounds like you are trying to develop a Pivot Table.

Smartsheet does not have that functionality.

Unlike Excel, the columns have a defined type and usage. 

As such the concept of the 'pivot' does not quite work.

If this is critical, you could set up another sheet with 7 rows and 8 columns.

The first column would be Project Name (your Y-Axis).

The next 7 columns would be Date type columned named for the Milestones.

Link the project names and the dates to the project sheets.

It sounds complicated, but it won't take long to setup and once done, will be "live" when / if the dates change.

Hope that helps.

Craig

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 12/11/16
    Options

If you're not using the Sights dashboard feature I would suggest checking it out as well.  This addon let's you consolidate information from reports and sheets to build out an executive dashboard overview.  

This discussion has been closed.