Missing columns on XML export of Gantt chart

Options

I have several columns I need to export with my Gantt chart but only the standard Gantt columns seem to export. Every new column I added to the Gantt chart does not export. I even re-loaded the XML back into Smartsheet and the data is missing. Really need this to work to tie into a portfolio management tool the company is using to load schedule data.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Phil,

Have you tried exporting to an Excel sheet instead or wouldn’t that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Phil Schmitt
    Options

Andree,

I did try Excel. It imports into Excel fine as a CSV, but when I save it as XML from Excel it does not load correctly in my other tool (PowerSteering) which is expecting a MS Project format XML. So to make this all work I really need a MS Project export that actually exports all the data, not just the default columns.

My last idea it to export as CSV to excel, same as XML and import to MS Project (which should work), then export MS Project as XML to PowerSteering which only accepts MS Project XML files. KInda of a kludge and was avoiding having to use MS Project.

Thanks,

Phil

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok.

Happy to help!

Let me know how it works out!

Remember! Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.