Gantt view with multiple assigners

Options

I have a project with dependencies and multiple assigners enabled.

I would except that the tasks duration will be reduced by the number of ppl working on the project, but that's not the case. It seems duration column and the gantt view ignores the assigners feature - the duration stays the same even when selecting multiple assigners to work on the same task.

Can you please help with that?

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

My understanding is that each assignee is assigned at 100% allocation to each task. I don't believe there is built in correlation for multiple assignees to reduce duration. Typically a Duration field in a Project sheet is used to show the "window of opportunity within which to complete a task" rather than "how long will this task take". If you think about Duration with the first definition here then it wouldn't reduce itself dependant on the number of assignees.

If you have Resource Viewer enabled (within your smartsheet options) you can enable resource management within the Gannt chart which will show allocation per assignee (using the assumption that each task is allocated at 100%). You are able to create your own %Allocation column and use it in the Gannt chart settings to then show peoples workloads per task. But by default the Project sheet doesn't update Durations dependant on the number of assignees ;)

I hope this clarifies the default columns for you and gives you food for thought on the resource management aspects. Happy to explain further if required.

Kind regards

​Debbie Sawyer Consultant & Training Manager