Deleting a User

Deleting a User

Why is it when I delete a user that they are still included in Workflows? Wouldn't it make sense that if a user is deleted, that they be deleted from everywhere in Smartsheet? Why must I manually remove that person from every workflow in every sheet they were included?

Answers

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

Workflows have to be treated separately so that non-users can be included in them. To be able to remove someone from a workflow just because they have been removed as a user, you would need to restrict workflows to only include users. I hope that makes sense...

• Makes sense, but when I am deleting a user, I do not want them to have access to any sheet and become completely erased from the account.

There should be an option when deleting a user to also remove that user from workflows. So when you delete a user, you remove that user from every bit of your Smartsheet account- sheets, groups, workflows, everything.

Having it as an option would definitely be a great idea. That way workflows could be kept separate from users but you would still have the option to quickly remove them from everything. I suggest filling out a Product Enhancement Request when you have a chance. Basically something that pops up when you delete a user that would give you the option to search various aspects of every sheet/report/dashboard in your account and remove the user from workflows/assigned to columns (separate selections in case you needed to maintain historical data on archived projects).

• done.

this would also prevent all those annoying emails that come through after you delete a user and dont remove from workflows, and then hav to go into each sheet one by one to remove. How tedious.

At least those emails can serve as a sort of checklist to help you keep the tedium organized. Hahaha. I know the struggle though.

• lol. that's the only thing they're good for.