Trying to count values based on variables

Trying to count values based on variables

Hi there - first question ever! Also - not great at using the right language so sorry if it's a bit confusing!

I am currently trying to use a formula to count if a certain condition is met in column a - and in column b - to count it. so for example

Column A (Role)

Manager

Assistant

Officer

Column B (Off Work)

Yes

No

Yes

So the solution I'd like is from the information above - to find out how many people with the role Manager are currently off work?

I tried the following formulas and it keeps returning unparseable. Any suggestions?

=Countifs(Role:Role, "Manager", [Off Work:Off Work, "Yes"])

=COUNTIFS(Role:Role, “Manager”, Off Work:Off Work, "Yes")

The first half of the formula works and will count the number of managers in the column - but it doesn't like it after that!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Emma

Best Answer

Answers

• That's amazing - thank you - and one more thing - if I wanted to count multiple roles using this how would I do that?

So say I wanted Manager AND Assistant in the same count....?

THANK YOU😊

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Emma,

@Acorn

Do you want to count cells where both Manager and Assistant is selected or rows where either one is selected?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD