Choosing the right criteria for row reports?

Options
Mark Silvester
edited 03/27/20 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to create a report that pulls specific rows from multiple sheets (that are similar in structure) into a high level overview that shows:

1. Opportunity Name
  2. SKU
  3. Adjusted Count
  4. Shipped
  5. Remaining
  6. Target Arrival Date

I've pasted an example of one of the sheets that I'm trying to pull information from below:

The Target Arrival Date Column mentioned above is further to the right (pasted below):

So, we have multiple projects happening at one given time and each sheet is identical to the one above in terms of structure, column names etc. The goal would be to have a report that updates in real time and displays, for every project the:

Opportunity NameSKUAdjusted CountShippedRemainingTarget Arrival Date

After watching the training video, I believe this is possible with the Row Report feature. I've input the above information into the Report Builder below:

As you can see, I'm only pulling from two sheets for the moment while I am experimenting. The who column does not have any relevance here. And, for the what and when columns, I've tried to choose criteria that fits the column's data. The information that has been pulled through so far into the report is great. But, as you can see, it only has pulled one line of information.

What I think is going wrong with the report and why it's not pulling every SKU for that project sheet is the that the SKU criteria is incorrect as SKU's are actually a mixture of letters and numbers as well as just letters in some cases. For e.g. 24770 ,YRD216ZW2 or IZHWU.

This might not be the case as in the example above, the report has pulled a SKU which is a number, but it failed to pull other SKU's that are also just numbers. In addition, it has only pulled from "One Cardinal Way" and not "Merchant's Plaza".

If anyone can confirm the problem I am having and offer a way to correct it? It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Answers

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mark,

It looks like you don’t need to use either the What? or the When? criteria at all.

You’d only need to select which columns you’d want to show in the report and from which sheets.

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mark Silvester
    edited 03/30/20
    Options

Thank you, Andrée!

That was really helpful in terms of taking a step back and understanding that functionality. And, it's definitely pulling what I want now thank you!

The only problem now is that, it's doing its job and pulling that whole column into the report, whereas I only really want the top of the spreadsheet. I'm not sure if there's a way to stop it pulling before it hits the "Batch 1" row and just incorporates the colored rows (pasted below):

I'll also included a screenshot below of the One Cardinal Way sheet just incase there is something we can edit from the source:

I also understand if I'm asking too much of this feature. But, if there were a way to see just this:

For every single project... we'd be off to the races!

Thank you again and looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Mark