Way to remove unwanted header from reports?

Options

I'm embedding Smartsheet reports on our public website but all the reports include a super ugly and non-useful header. Anyone know how to remove this? I don't see an option to just get a clean and uncluttered report.

Answers

• Connor Hartford
    Connor Hartford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dan,

I don't know of a way to remove that, but you could try to make it less 'ugly'. Smartsheet will show the header color that you've picked for the workspace that the report is in. To do this you can follow these instructions below, from this help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2478916-apply-colors-logo-branding-workspace

1. From Home in the left panel, locate and right-click on the workspace that you want to brand.
    2. Select Workspace Colors & Logo.
    3. Choose your desired theme or use color codes to set individual color properties.
    4. Click Select to upload your logo image, keeping in mind that Smartsheet may resize it as detailed below.

I hope this helps,

Connor

Connor Hartford

• Dan Snodgrass
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. Color is fine and we do have our logo uploaded.

I just don't like the "Report Abuse", "Help" and row of icons. For the public, these are just confusing and clutter up things unnecessarily.

• Joyce Woram
    Joyce Woram ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. We are trying to embed a dashboard. We have our logo as well, but the Report Abuse and the name (View Only) shouldn't appear on a webpage.

Did you ever find a way? Thank you in advance!

• Dan Snodgrass
    Options

I have not heard anything on this issue. Smartsheet really needs a way to control how their embedded sheets display on public websites.

They need to have an option for "plain vanilla" with no extra headers, icons, buttons, options, or the preliminary "Smartsheet" loading page. All that stuff just makes the webpage on which a Smartsheet lives, look unprofessional with all this extra clutter. (Plus, it has to add loading time for the sheet I would presume.)

I certainly don't want site visitors to be able to highlight recent changes or alter the view.

• itsnotbroken
    itsnotbroken ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Old thread, but I use this all the time.

I agree it looks cheap, but I DON'T want to lose the print & export buttons.

That's the main reason to use the publish function so that non users get to download the data.

Just my thoughts

• Jennifer Boswell
    Options

Any updates on this issue? I had previously read somewhere that this was going to be resolved in Q4 of 2023. Anyone know if that is still the case?

The header is taking up valuable real estate on my dashboard that I share to my organization via an Intranet page and I would love to hide it.

• AngieChristophersen
    Options

Following in case updates come out.

We make client facing dashboards and export them to PDF. We have the option to hide the title of the report, but not the headers. It'd be nice to hide the headers, especially when we have a report we just want one cell to appear for.