Testing an automation

Mtmoroni
Mtmoroni ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to "test" a automation to test a notification to see if t works properly wityhout making a fake entry?

IE, i want to force a automation on a line to see what the notice looks like?

Best Answer

Answers

• Mtmoroni
    Mtmoroni ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be a great suggestion. Then one can just modify the rules to run when it should and delete the helper column. Great suggestion and thank you.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

You are more than welcome!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Davinci
    Davinci ✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå

Not sure why this is happening. Haven't tested my automation for a long time. But just 2 days ago I configured one to send certain email. I wanted to make sure the receipient receives a great looking email so I entered my data in a row and set up a trigger checkbox. Many times I checked the trigger but did not receive the email. I used 3 different email addresses but still not receiving. My worry is that are the clients receiving this email? The automation shows last ran accordingly....I'm getting no response from clients. Is there another way to test?

=========

On another different topic. I recently discovered that all the forms in one sheet where deactivated. All of them, I never deactivated forms. I had to manually activate them.

Thank You in advance.

Davinci