Bold a row if name matches name from other sheet

Hello,

I have two sheets. Sheet 1 has a list of organizations and I need to check a box if they have received funding from us. Sheet 2 has a list of organizations we have funded in the past. There are over 100 organizations. What would the formula be to say if the organization name on Sheet 1 appears on Sheet 2 check the funded box on Sheet 1.

Please and thank you. Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try something like this using the appropriate steps to create the cross sheet reference and the correct column names...

=CONTAINS([Organization Name]@row, {Other Sheet Organization Name Column})

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• I tried that and found it did not work for me. I did a COUNTIF and that seems to work okay but it is not perfect.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly did it not work?

What is your COUNTIF and how is it not perfect?

If you are able to provide screenshots of the two sheets with sensitive/confidential data removed, blocked, or replaced with "dummy data", that could go a long ways towards a perfectly working solution for you.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!