Help with SUMIFS formula to display todays census

Hello,

Every day three service line VPs complete a SS Form. The form's information indicates todays date, service line, and a census.

I need a formula (I presume =SUMIFS) that tells me the census for one of those service lines for only 'today's date'. That sum then flows to a dashboard widget so leadership can view only today's census for each of the three service lines.

I wrote a similar working function in excel; but I am have trouble replicating in Smartsheet.

Solving this will greatly help our teams COVID-19 response.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Martin,

Try something like this.

=SUMIF(Date:Date; TODAY(); Census:Census)

The same version but with the below changes for convenience.

=SUMIF(Date:Date, TODAY(), Census:Census)

Depending on your country/region, you'll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma."

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Martin Youschak
    Martin Youschak ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Andrée Starå,

Thanks for the comment; I did manage to finally solve my problem late last night.

Here's what finally worked.:

=SUMIFS(Census:Census, Date:Date, TODAY(0), ServiceLine:ServiceLine, "Home Health")

Have a great weekend yourself,

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Martin Youschak

Excellent!

Glad you got it working!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.