Lock View (or start at current date) Gantt view?

Options

Dear all,

Do anybody know how i can start my sheet with the current date for Gantt view? (Rather than default to start view at start date)

When starting the existing sheet (or swap to other sheet) it always go to start date of the project.

Is there a way for the program to start at the current date (instead of start date) or a way to lock the current view?, instead of having to change the view format or scroll to find the current date every single time i change the sheet is not really productive.

Thank you,

Taj

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Taj,

Here's where you can change the setting.

Customize the Gantt Chart Display and Behavior

In the Timeline Display section of the project settings, you can change the Gantt timeline intervals and display formatting, start of the fiscal year, and what column information appears to the right of the Gantt bars in the Gantt chart. For example, set a Contact List column as the display label to see a list of the people assigned to tasks next to each Gantt bar.

TIP: Check Open to today's date to view current tasks in your project more quickly when you open the sheet.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Taj,

Here's where you can change the setting.

Customize the Gantt Chart Display and Behavior

In the Timeline Display section of the project settings, you can change the Gantt timeline intervals and display formatting, start of the fiscal year, and what column information appears to the right of the Gantt bars in the Gantt chart. For example, set a Contact List column as the display label to see a list of the people assigned to tasks next to each Gantt bar.

TIP: Check Open to today's date to view current tasks in your project more quickly when you open the sheet.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you Andree! That's life saving! Didnt noticed that tickbox was there.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent!

Happy to help!

• NikiD
    NikiD ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I have updated all the Gantt Charts display today's date; however, the end users are reporting that it displaying the project start date. Is it possible to lock the today's date option so that all end users have the view?