Rolling schedule

Hi

I couldn't find a template so I thought I would ask for suggestions or advice before I create this sheet. I'm guessing the expertise in this group would help me make the sheet better than I would on my own!!

What I need:

I need to schedule everyone one of our clients to receive a quarterly report. I want to spread out my clients over the course of a year by quarter, then by month, then even by the 1st and 15th of the month. I would love to automatically move a row to our "projects" sheet and when the row is "Completed" add a row to the source sheet duplicating the item but with a due date now 1 year in the future. Does that make sense? Is that doable? Any other thoughts?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Kelly,

It sounds like you could do this from one big master sheet, pulling reports that will look at the quarter, month, and then 1st & 15th of the month... either per-client or overall.

You may need some helper columns in the sheet to indicate which quarter, etc (to then use in the Report criteria) but I'm sure the Community can help you build any necessary formulas for that. 🙂

Then when it comes to your moving a row to a completed sheet... what about simply copying the row over to the other sheet, and setting up an automated workflow that sends an Update Request to adjust the Due Date to be 1 year in the future? Even though this means you'll have to manually change the date from the form, this would keep the date in the same column so it can be used in your Reports.