Using Forms to Update Status in another Sheet

I am using Smartsheet for an apartment complex renovation project that involves multiple trades/vendors. I need them to update completion status for key tasks but the sheet is too large and difficult to update from a mobile device using the Smartsheet app.

Forms work well from a cell phone but I understand that form data will not modify an existing row/field but rather creates a new row.

Below is a snip of what the received form data looks like.

I am stuck trying to come up with a way to automatically change either the % Complete or Task Status fields (below) based on the form input. I am new to Smartsheet but it seems like a cross between automated workflow and a formula.

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas. 😊

Regards,

-Jason

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jason,

I’d recommend that you try to use a Report to simplify the process first and/or use filters in the sheet so the one viewing it would only see their tasks. The feature is called the Current User.

Would that help/work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.