FORMS - the new functionality of the "updated" FORMS feature is horrible!

1. My volunteers can no longer SHARE (or send out) any forms.
  2. When the "manage forms" window opens, it hides the entire content. I have to open SS on a second window to be able to copy and paste the information that I have to include in my email (web form).
  3. When I send out a form, the new program is making me type in a "nickname" for the person I'm sending it to, if they are not yet in my Contacts list. I do not want them saved. I spend hours deleting people from my Contacts list. Why are we forced to save and name each person we send a web form out to?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Laurie,

Not sure I follow!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andree I don't know which of my 3 complaints you don't understand.

I don't have screenshots because I don't have a shot of how it looked BEFORE these changes happened.

Tell me if you want a longer explanation of my item number 1, 2 or 3?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share a screenshot on how it looks for you now?

See my comments below your questions.

1. My volunteers can no longer SHARE (or send out) any forms.

Why?

1. When the "manage forms" window opens, it hides the entire content. I have to open SS on a second window to be able to copy and paste the information that I have to include in my email (web form).

Ok. Now I see what you mean.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

1. When I send out a form, the new program is making me type in a "nickname" for the person I'm sending it to, if they are not yet in my Contacts list. I do not want them saved. I spend hours deleting people from my Contacts list. Why are we forced to save and name each person we send a web form out to?

Ok. I don't know.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Per: " ... When I send out a form, the new program is making me type in a "nickname" for the person I'm sending it to, if they are not yet in my Contacts list. I do not want them saved. I spend hours deleting people from my Contacts list. Why are we forced to save and name each person we send a web form out to? "

When I want a group of folks to use a new form, I copy the URL of that form and email it to them. You do not have to use the Share Form feature, although the Link option within it gives you quick access to copy the URL.