Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Project Resource View

D Baker
D Baker
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Project resource view. Is it possible to show all assigned tasks within a single project sheet for a single resource. Managing a master schedule with multiple tasks assigned to resources. 

Comments

• One thing I like to do when I have an extensive project plan *or* resources have tasks against multiple project plans is to create a report per resource against these project plans.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522214-creating-reports

I include the 'sheet name' column as it is helpful if the resource report is built against more than one project plan.  Not only does it help them know which project plan the task is associated with, the automatic hyperlink if clicked will take the user to that specific task/row in the underlying sheet.

The great thing about Smartsheet Reports is that it functions much like a 'mega filter' in that the resource can use their report for daily views, make updates to their tasks in the report view and it will automatically update the underlying sheet(s), in this case the project plan(s).

Hope this helps!

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/16/17

Michelle, 

Could you post a screenshot of how this report looks? I think this is what I'm looking for. 

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.