Is there a way to assign multiple resources with varying

In regards to the resource allocation, is there a way to assign multiple resources per task with different allocations?

Microsoft Project allows this by typing " ResourceA (20%), ResourceB (40%)" in the resource name section.

It seems like in the Smartsheet, even though you can assign multiple resources to a task, you can only assign one allocation %.

Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment on the same row, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could use multiple rows for the same task. There's also the 10,00ft service for more advanced Resource Management also from Smartsheet.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sad that Smartsheets can't do this. It's a basic part of resourcing projects and leveling. Are there plans to add this? Also, it would be nice to have resources that do not have to have an email attached to them or the option at least.

• DanaB
    DanaB ✭✭

it is just AMAZING that this topic has been lingering since at least 2015 and still not corrected. Yes, it's known that there are several work-arounds, new columns, extra, messy items, etc....but WHY? It's been clear for years what the users want, the WHY (easier, simpler, faster) is obvious, ..... so, WHEN will it be provided?