Contact field

Hi I have created a form for Field technicians to log interactions throughout the day. I have a contact field that I have populated with email addresses of our sales team. I did not select "restrict to list values only". When accessing from a mobile device the form allows me to input a name if they are not in the list. From the web on my computer it will not allow me to do this. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Christopher

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/20 Answer ✓

Hi  @Christopher Gaines ,

To add to Paul's excellent advice.

What I do in many of my client solutions is that I add so-called helper columns.

For this use-case, I would have one column for the Sales Team that is listed and another named, Other for those that are not listed and then a third-column with a formula to get the contact from the one contact field that isn’t empty.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers