Rankeq

Hello Smartsheet Family:

I am new to Smartsheet and I have an ask from my manager using the Rankeq formula.

I have a set of data where I need to use the Rankeq formula to get the top 5 deals for the current month.

I have a field that uses obtains the month by doing "=month" using the create date, however there is another condition it has to meet. There is a separate column called report period which has "Current Month" and "Next Qtr"

So in short I am trying to figure out how I can use the Rankeq formula to get two results.

1. Find the top five deals when the month is May, and the report period is "Current Month"
  2. Find the top five deals when the month is May, and the report period is "Next Qtr"

Sincerely

New User to Smartsheet Community

Regards

Balaji

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Someone might come up with something a little better than mine, but below is what my solution would be.

Equation for first cell in return: (Deal column is value of return, you can swap large for small if you want the bottom values of the range)

=LARGE(COLLECT(Deal:Deal, Month:Month, 5, [Report Period]:[Report Period], @cell = "Current Month"), 1)

Drag down equation for rest of numbers

=LARGE(COLLECT(Deal:Deal, Month:Month, 5, [Report Period]:[Report Period], @cell = "Current Month"), COUNT([Form1]$1:[Form1]1) + 1)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!