Automation Copy Rows for a set of files generated with "Save As New..."

Hello,

I have created a template folder where I have several sheets linked together and, in one of them, rows are copied automatically into an "History" sheet when there is a change.

However, when I do a "Save as new.." to create a new folder, the Automation of the sheet remains linked to the original "History" sheet and is not linked to the new "History" sheet located in the new folder.

Do you have any idea about how to solve this?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Jacques

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you for the information Paul, at least I had done as it s

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help! 👍️

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• @Paul Newcome Any chance Smartsheet was able to fix this issue yet. I'm running into the same automation issue. Thanks!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ammar Zafar It should be updating if you save the entire folder as new. Double check the settings at the bottom of the popup that allows you to rename it and select the location.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• @Paul Newcome I have been saving it as new but the same issue keeps reappearing.

I currently have multiple sheets where I have a multiple automations that get triggered when a specific cell is changed which makes a copy of the row and inserts it into a counting sheet that I use for a Sheet Summary for a Dashboard.

I've made a template of the sheets and counting sheets with all the automations but when I "Save as New" and have all of the proper copy options selected, it appears that the automations in the new sheets still copy and insert into the Template Counting Sheets.

I'll include a picture of what I have checked off when I'm saving "Save as New". Let me know if you have any suggestions. Appreciate the help!

Also, I have tried "Include recipients & permissions settings" under Automated Workflow & Alert Options along with "Original sheets" which is under Any reports, dashboards, sheets hyperlinks and cells links will refer to:

I know it doesn't make sense to have "Original sheets" selected but initially "Newly created sheets" didn't work so I thought I might try my options:)

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is odd that it is not working for you. Have you reached out to Support yet to see if they are able to provide any insight? It works for me when I "Save as new".

10xViz.com

• I've also asked this question on the Community and it seems like the automation copy I'm trying to get isn't available yet. I'll look around a little more. Thanks for the help!