Multiple conditions in a formula

Options

Help please. I have no idea how to combine formulas. I just want to round up this 6.83 to 7. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use the "move over 2 decimal places" in the menu bar above because I need to take the rounded number and times it by a price per hour to get the Cost in another area of my sheet.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mary_A
    Mary_A ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/11/20
    Options

@Stacy Stoffel This formula returns 7:

=MROUND(6.83, 1 so does =ROUND(6.83)

Not sure if this is going to solve your particular issue but if 6.83 is a fixed number, you can just plug that in directly like so:

=ROUND(6.83) * price_per_hour

You can also do this kind of thing too

=ROUND([ColumnName]@row) * [ColumnName]@row

• Stacy Stoffel
    Stacy Stoffel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mary for responding!

I need to leave the formula =[Number of Devices]11 * 1 / 60 in the cell and combine it with the rounding formula. I don't want to insert another column. How do I combine what I have with =ROUND([Import & Discover Total Hours]@row)? I want to make both formulas into one total formula in one cell. Does that make sense?

• Stacy Stoffel
    Stacy Stoffel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

=[Number of Devices]@row * 1 / 60 ...just changed my original formula to this

• Mary_A
    Mary_A ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/11/20
    Options

@Stacy Stoffel This worked for me:

=([Number of Devices]@row * 1/60) * ROUND(6.83)

If you run into issues, try entering just one half the equation --- sometimes the issue is spacing and cut and paste between this forum (or other apps) and sheet can introduce odd characters or extra ones I've found.

• Stacy Stoffel
    Stacy Stoffel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So that 6.83 isn't a firm number. I will have additional entries where that number is fluid depending on the number of devices entered. So instead of 6.83 i just need the column to be rounded. I am trying this but get the error Circular Reference:

• Stacy Stoffel
    Stacy Stoffel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, I did do that already, but was hoping to combine them all into one formula.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!