Examples of more than 1 Data Mesh Target Sheet

liz.mayeux
liz.mayeux ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have been trying to figure out if Data Mesh is a tool i need for a project I'm creating in SS. The only examples I can find for DM has 1 Source Sheet and 1 Target Sheet configuration. Building the configurator, you are allowed up to 5 target sheets. How exactly does this work properly? The drop downs for the target sheet only reflects columns found w/in the 1 of the 5 sheets.

If anyone can point to me to an example that shows me how this works, please reply back w/ links or details.

Thanks !

Answers

• Sheryl P
    Sheryl P ✭✭✭✭✭

I am using DataMesh and it is one source, one destination. You could combine sheet data in a report then use report as source - but that depends on the structure of each sheet. Maybe you are looking at Data Uploader with multple target sheets?? (I don't use Data Uploader presently)

• sean59916
    sean59916 ✭✭✭
    edited 05/16/20

Hi -

I use the DataMesh tool a fair amount and Yes, you can have up to 5 target sheets as you mentioned - the columns in the target sheets need to be the same name and same column type.

Eg.

Source Column ==>> Target Column (in the 5 sheets)

Name (Text/Number) ==>> Full Name (Text/Number)

I hope this helps?

Regards,

Sean

• liz.mayeux
    liz.mayeux ✭✭✭✭✭

@sean59916 I think this does help me. I was going to create an intake sheet w/ only high level information and then copy the details using the automation workflow into the different sheets.

From what I'm understanding I can have my high level info included in my source sheet and then have specific columns move over to the target sheets.

Thanks!