Trigger Conditions

Hi

I am really struggling with the trigger field and options!

I've got a workflow that triggers when a row is added or changes. Part of the process for declining, and requesting further information, will not trigger again in the workflow back from the start.

The original trigger field, in all the training I see online with examples shows that ANY FIELD can be selected when a row is added or changes but on my sheet, when I select the trigger field (and want to select ANY FIELD), it ask me to choose a specific field. But I don't know which field will changed as part of the information request.

Also, will the process, if successfully re-triggered, go right back to the start or back to the stage that it was declined at. For example, person 1 approves and person 2 approves but person 3 wants more information. Will it go back to person 1.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Simon Wilcock

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Simon Wilcock
    Simon Wilcock ✭✭✭✭

Hi Andree

I have shared the sheet. We have a total of 5 people potentially in an approval route. I will be setting up different automation routes depending on a few different factors.

My issue is that when one of the approval is declined and requires more information, the original person gets the message and can submit the update but I cannot figure out a way to get the approval process to restart, either at the first approval stage or maybe at the stage that requested more information.

Thanks for help

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Simon Wilcock

Apologies, but I hadn't seen your answer. I'll take a look and get back to you as soon as I can.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.